SAGE Environmental, Inc. (SAGE) is looking for a Project Manager/Environmental Scientist with significant Rhode Island and MCP experience
Candidate should be experienced in the performance of all outdoor, all-season field tasks such as site investigation (drilling, test pitting, soil sampling, groundwater sampling, etc.), surveying, construction oversight/monitoring.
Able to supervise the performance of technical aspects of projects under the supervision of lead designers, senior project managers, LSPs and principals.
Work with project teams on environmental engineering projects (remedial systems, infrastructure and other projects). Work on all phases of projects (due diligence, site investigation, field work, data evaluation, regulatory permitting (local, state and federal), design, engineering analysis, construction and/or implementation management and documentation, and any close out monitoring).
Typical duties may include:
- Conducting investigations of soil and groundwater in connection with projects.
- Monitoring and documenting various aspects of construction projects.
- Conducting technical analyses/calculations.
- Interpreting various site-specific data to make conclusions and/or recommendations.
- Regulatory permitting and reporting.
- Performing engineering computation and analysis of subsurface data.
- Writing drafts of field and engineering reports, technical specifications and related bid documents.
- Develop construction plans.
- Preparing construction cost/quantity estimates.
BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or other applicable degree. Work experience is preferred. (Master’s Degree a plus);
5 plus years of experience on projects including: Phase report writing, periodic review opinion reports, directing field work to obtain the necessary information and to advance projects forward;
- Strong communication, problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills;
- Strong writing skills;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to perform field tasks and activities as required by clients;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulations;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification, including 8-hour annual refresher certificates (a plus);
- Availability to work Monday through Friday, as well as some evenings and weekends in local and regional locations;
- Valid driver’s license, a satisfactory driving and a reliable vehicle (required);
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]