SAGE Environmental, Inc. (SAGE) is looking for an Environmental, Health and Safety Compliance Manager
Ideal candidates will:
- Provide oversight of EH&S adherence to regulatory guidelines (federal, state and local);
- Provide interaction with all levels of management and personnel;
- Provide Training, Behavior Based Safety, Hazard Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Project Management, Emergency Management;
- Reduce risk of citations / violations by assuring compliance with Federal, State, local regulations and company policy; OSHA, RCRA, CAA, TSCA, CWA, EPCRA and DOT;
- Cultivate a safe work environment through creation and implementation of a robust internal audit program;
- Identify key risk indicators and exposed areas with real time assurance and notification of threshold exceedances;
- Reduce company liability and costs through vendor compliance audits and proper management of accident investigations, DOT compliance, vehicle accidents, recordable injuries, enforcement actions, notice of violations, reportable fires, and spills;
- Maintain Health and Safety Plans for contract adherence and overall employee/site safety;
- Provide RCRA technical assistance for clients; and,
- Provide technical expertise for permitting clients sites as needed.
- The ideal candidate will be a leader and mentor to junior staff.
The position requires reviewing written documentation , data evaluation, and interpretation of work performed by others.
The position requires preparing for and participating in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties, as well as providing expert testimony as needed.
SAGE expects and supports continued professional growth of all employees and covers costs for required continuing education and more.
- BS degree (required);
- Advanced degree (a plus);
- At least 8 years of direct EH&S experience ;
- Proven leadership skills (required);
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed (required); and,
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record (required).
Why consider SAGE Environmental?
SAGE Environmental offers our employees professional growth opportunities and an unmatched compensation package in our industry including Safe Harbor, profit sharing, performance bonuses and more.